Two friends that love food

Our reviews of local restaurants in New Hampshire.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Who we are... (in Shiela's words)

We are two friends that grew up in Long Island, New York. Friends that share a common bond - our love for food! In life, there are two types of people: those who eat to live,(not us!!) and those who live to eat (so us!!).

Our friendship is an interesting one because it remained in tact even though we went our separate ways at various points in our life. After high school, Megan went to Potsdam, NY and Shiela went to Stony Brook, NY. We kept in touch throughout college but never saw each other. We both graduated college. Then one day Megan called me up and told me she was getting married. She asked me to be a bridesmaid which I happilly accepted. It was funny because even though we didn't speak much we knew we were still close. Her husband-to-be thought I was a figmant of her imagination as he had never heard about me. She got married and again we went our separate ways. She moved to Derry, NH and I moved to Manhattan living the single life.

Seven years later I was setup on a blind date. I told my date right away that there was no way in hell I was going to like him because he was from DERRY, NH. I wasn't going to lose my New York City lifestyle. Boy was I wrong. Next thing I knew, I eloped with my date after knowing him for 2 months!! Guess where I moved to??? Yup... I gave up my New York single life to live in Derry, NH. After we eloped, I realized that Derry, NH sounded very familiar. I realized Megan lived there. I called her up and she was so happy to know that I would be living near her.

We decided to have dinner to catch up. What started off as a dinner to rekindle our friendship ended up being a once a week "girls night out". Our bonding over food helped us to talk about life, love, and family. As we started visiting more and more restaurants in NH, we started critiquing the food. One time we went to a restaurant and had the worst service ever. If only we were food critics! That restaurant would get a bad review! Well here we are today... blogging our reviews for restaurants that we have visited in the past 4 years.

No comments: